Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Tomato Pea Pasta with Shrimp

Tonight, I tried something a little different. Pasta with a mild tomato sauce with carrots, shallots, garlic and peas. It was very good. I changed the recipe a little to better soot my wife's diet. I took out some of the olive oil and half the cheese that was to be in it. I did add some sauteed shrimp to the top. I think that I would skip that in the future. It wasn't needed.

All in all it was very good but I felt that it needed something, the flavor was good but it seemed to be a little bland. Maybe I just like robust flavors. I would make this again. Even my 9 month old really enjoyed it.

1 comment:

  1. I thought this dish was delicious, not heavy at all like you would expect pasta to be. I was impressed that you were able to alter the ingredients to make it healthier. I think instead of using big shrimp, I would have used baby shrimp.

    ReplyDelete